NAME: Elliott
COUNTY: San Joaquin
CLIMATE: Cool winter,hot summer.
BEST TIME TO VISIT: All year round.
COMMENTS: No current residents.The site is located one-half miles from Lockeford,at the intersection of Elliott Road and Liberty Road.
REMAINS: The old Elliott Cemetery.
The town was first known as Hawk's Corners.In 1863 it was re-named Elliott in honor of pioneer rancher J.Elliott.There was a Methodist Church by 1858.The Hickey Brothers had a General Store here.In the 1890s the town had two blacksmiths,two saloons,a machine shop,a veterinary surgeon,a butcher shop,a school with three teachers,a Odd Fellows Hall,a flour mill,a wagon maker,a insurance and news agency and a post office.Mrs.J.J.Pinkerton also owned a boarding house at Elliott.By 1902,there were only one store and the schoolhouse left at Elliott.Today the cemetery is all thats left of the town of Elliott. Submitted by: Chris Geigle