NAME: Juliette
COUNTY: Marion
CLIMATE: Hot in summer,nice all other times
COMMENTS: Juliette was located abt. 2 miles n. of Dunnellon and abt. 2 miles s. of Romeo(ghost town).
REMAINS: Nothing

Juliette area was settled in the 1850's.The first settler was Capt. Samuel Agnew who cleared hundreds of acres around the springs to plant sea cotton.Juliette had 3 general stores and several other business.Have more information if anyone is intrested. Submitted by: Chuck Moseley

Juliette was a community of scattered farms scattered up and down the area around Blue Springs (now Rainbow Springs).  There were three general stores, railroad depot,sawmill, hotel (the hotel was at the head of the springs), and a post office.  The businesses were not necessarily centered around Blue Spring but were scattered around the community.  According to the Florida Gazetteer the community was incorporated in 1883.  When phosphate mining became the leading occupation of the area, quite a few farmers abandoned their farms to work the mines.  The post office continued to operate until it's demise in 1926.
Blue Springs became an  attraction for a number of years called Rainbow Springs.  The now defunct attraction is a State Park and can be visited just North of Dunnellon on SR41.  There is a small fee for the park but you can wander the old nature trails and see the scattered remnants of the old amusement park. http://www.lostparks.com/rainbow.html

courtesy Mike Woodfin
some information from "Dunnellon Boomtown of the 1890's by J. Lester K. Dinkins